Archived chat

Closed
Abbey2001 - Feb 15, 2021 at 02:58 PM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Feb 16, 2021 at 05:44 AM
Hello,
I recently archived the chat between my grandad and I as he has sadly passed away however this morning the archived chat had gone, is there any way of getting this back

System Configuration: iPhone / Safari 14.0.3
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Feb 16, 2021 at 05:44 AM
Hello, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully I can help you with this.

On the list of WhatsApp chats, does dragging down make the Archived Chats list appear? If you archived a chat, it should appear here at the top.

WhatsApp shouldn't remove an archived chat unless you have unarchived it. And even unarchiving a chat just brings it back into the main chat menu. You would have to actively delete it, which shouldn't be possible from a few accidental swipes.

Check if you have made a recent back up of your chats - if your Grandads' chat is in there, you should be able to recover it.

See this guide on how to restore your chat history.

If you are still unable to access these messages through your phone, if you are able to get access to your Grandad's phone, you could create a backup with his WhatsApp.

Let me know how you get on,

David