How to prevent seeing content a certain person sends

Closed
NotMe2 - Feb 21, 2021 at 08:18 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Feb 22, 2021 at 04:48 AM
Hello,

Is there a way to block seeing specific videos and images from instagram group messages? I am in a ig group chat but one specific person are sending some very inappropriate content, so is there a way to block me from seeing anything they have?

System Configuration: iPad / Safari 14.0.3
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Feb 22, 2021 at 04:48 AM
Hello, I'm finding conflicting answers...

I found information saying that blocking the specific user that is sending inappropriate content wouldn't help with a group chat. It would appear that there isn't a way of blocking just one person in a group chat, and even it that person is blocked, you will still be able to see the content that they are sharing with other members of the group.

Then another which says that blocking them would prevent them from seeing each other's messages in the group chat...

You can try blocking them and see if that works. And if it doesn't, I'm not sure there is much you can do besides leave the chat if you really don't want to see the content. Or speak to the other members of the group if they are also unhappy with the content that is being posted, maybe the group creator would consider moving the offender.

Regards