Monitor goes into power saving mode ?? [Solved/Closed]

Ava - Apr 17, 2009 at 01:27 AM - Latest reply:  Karen
- Jan 9, 2018 at 06:12 PM
Hello,
my computer is driving me crazy whenever I go into itunes or limewire my computer goes straight into power saving mode( I have windows xp home edition by the way) I have changed all the power settings to say NEVER but it still keeps happing I know nothing about computers so im not really confident in playing around with it but can this problem be easily fixed? my brother said it may have something to do with our biostar mainboard but hes not too sure it was working fine untill my computer got a virus and I had to reload windows on the computer since then its been doing the power saving mode thing
anyhelp would be great

Ava
See more 

5 replies

+86
Helpful
Unplug the computer from the wall. Hold the power button for 10 seconds or so. plug the computer back on. Turn it on again. It worked for me, hope it works for you.
Was this answer helpful?  
It worked beautifully for me. Thanks very much.
Thank you so much...worked a treat!!!
moveilighter - Jun 7, 2009 at 08:47 AM
+11
Helpful
This could realted to power distribution on the board as well. Turn off and unplug your computer, take each card (PCI, AGP, PCI Express, Etc.) and reseat them. This can clear the issue most of the time, if not you might have a conflict between hardware devices, repeat the process, removing the cards again, but this time go it one at a time with a "boot" in between to narrow down the issue. The most common I have seen is with the desktops that have a wireless card installed with an antenna in the reart of the machine, over time, friction and movment and jar the card out of the slot on the board and kill your video and other devices until it is put back in place.

Good luck!
+2
Helpful
Changing the battery on the motherboard fixed this problem in my experience. Worth a try. You may still have to boot it up while pressing one of the function keys, but even after installing a new card, it still didn't work. I read another person's report in this forum about changing the battery, an it worked. It definitely worked beautifully.