Message not showing delivered until answered

Closed
Ana - Apr 5, 2021 at 06:14 PM
marksapsford Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 11, 2021 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2021 - May 11, 2021 at 10:52 AM
Hello,
I am sending messages that aren’t showing delivered until the message is responded to. I can see the profile pic. When I get the response from the one I messaged the 2 checks appear and it then shows delivered at the time of response. I thought it was connection lag but it’s happening on every text AND there are the occasional ones that show delivered before it is answered but waaaaay after it was sent. What could be happening?

System Configuration: iPhone / Safari 14.0.1
Related:

2 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Apr 6, 2021 at 04:21 AM
Hello, this just sounds like the person that you are messaging has viewing receipts turned off. You want see when they've viewed the message, just when they reply to you.

This is a feature that they can use on WhatsApp for all their contacts, not just for you.

Regards
marksapsford Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 11, 2021 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2021
May 11, 2021 at 10:52 AM
I am having the same issue, and its not read receipts being the issue.
I am being sent a message and its not showing as delivered until i view it or open the whats app app. Its causing a few issues, as the person sending me messages sent me a message late one night and it was showing as delivered until several hours later. phone was always on and internet connected. Very strange