Not receiving security code on Instagram?

Closed
martinkent Posts 6 Registration date Saturday July 31, 2021 Status Member Last seen August 2, 2021 - Updated on Aug 2, 2021 at 12:32 PM
 drenusha123 - Nov 29, 2021 at 05:11 AM
Hi I’m trying to log back into my Instagram account I accidentally deleted my Authenticator key that was generating codes and I don’t have backup codes. I’ve clicked on forgotten password and reset it through an email I received. However it then takes me to a screen asking me to enter a code that was sent to my phone number ending in ****, which I can confirm the number is correct however I’m not receiving any sms or code? I’ve checked my blocked contacts and turned SMS messaging on etc. but still nothing. I’ve also tried submitting a request for support and had to send a photo of me holding a piece of paper with a code they sent me in my emails, plus my full name and username. They then send an email back saying that they’ve turned off Two-Factor Authentication and that I should be able to log back in, but when I try it still asks for an authentication code from my authentication app? This is incredibly frustrating as it seems like I’m just going in circles now. Any help would be extremely appreciated! Thank you
Related:

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14315 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 26, 2024 1,891
Aug 2, 2021 at 02:26 PM
Hi,

It seems that you're stuck with the account recovery. Unfortunately, Instagram has no way to contact them to let them know that you're facing to that kind of issue.

If you've linked your Instagram account with your Facebook account, you can try using it to request a recovery code. Otherwise, try the steps described on the Instagram Help Center.

Alternatively, try logging in from different devices. If you're using the app, try with the website and vice-versa. If you still can't login, perform the recovery steps on those devices.

Good luck