Dell 2320 all in one touch screen PC

Closed
Rodoz Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday August 3, 2021 Status Member Last seen August 6, 2021 - Updated on Aug 4, 2021 at 05:40 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 - Aug 8, 2021 at 05:29 PM
Hello, My DELL Inspiron is a 2320 all in one. It has not had a hard life at all but recently fails to boot. It starts the HDD spins up the HDD light flashes for a few seconds, the cd rom will seek if a disc is in it but no boot screen or dell logo bios prompt. The CPY fan runs, the Ram and CPU warm up a little so it is alive. I assumed it was the LED back light at first but now not sure. The power supply was checked ok. Since there is no image have plugged a VGA external monitor into the vga port on the rear.

Should I see bios prompt or Dell logo on it when I turn the PC on. ? Does Dell feed bios video to all displays ? I found nothing in the DELL forum and the documentation does not tell me at what stage of boot the VGA port become active if it actually does during boot. There are no beeps or any form of screen output on the touch screen or the external VGA monitor. The 2320 is actually more like a screen with a laptop motherboard in the back and an external power supply. Bios battery was low so I replaced it and I set the bios link to factory to insure I did not have a corrupted bios. Sadly this did not resolve the startup incompletion of startup. Has anyone had Dell issues of this nature ? Stay covid safe everyone. Regards from Rodoz

Update: when I was doing more research, I decided to look remove the ram to see if I could evoke any response. on doing so I got two audio beeps. This does indicated some motherboard diagnostics are active. With the ram removed the power button has changed from white to orange flashing. Finally a response. I will try a new ram module. Still no VGA monitor response. I cannot verify if the bios is running as yet. Regard Rodoz

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 92.0.4515.107

2 responses

Rodoz Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday August 3, 2021 Status Member Last seen August 6, 2021
Aug 6, 2021 at 06:44 AM
Following up on my previous post, I metered the USB ports and there is 5v there however even if I plug in a usb boot drive there is still nothing on the touch screen or the VGA monitor. I will try removing the battery for an hour then it may factory boot. Although the old battery was flat anyway.
HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 1,891
Aug 8, 2021 at 05:29 PM
Hi,

If you don't see anything on the laptop screen, nor on the external monitor, it is possible that there's a problem with the motherboard or the graphic card. Try checking them.