Instagram direct messages notifications not working

Closed
kittyf - Aug 10, 2022 at 06:09 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Aug 10, 2022 at 07:36 AM

Hello,

I have not been able to get notifications from my instagram direct messages?

I have tried almost everything on general website suggestions:

Have turned on all the push notifications, both on iphone and instagram app (other apps have notifications ok), I have deleted and redownloaded, even deleted all data and redownloaded, logged out and in again, turned off my phone and on again. 

Could anyone please advice me on what to do please?

Much appreciated. Thanks:)

Macintosh / Chrome 103.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Aug 10, 2022 at 07:36 AM

Hi,

If you've checked that Push Notifications are enabled both on Instagram and your iPhone, make sure the Do Not Disturb mode isn't turned on. If it is, turn it off or add Instagram to the whitelist so that it can send you notifications.

In addition, check that you haven't enabled any restriction regarding your apps in Screen Time. If none of the above suggestions have helped, update your iPhone to the latest version. As the last resort, reset your iPhone settings to default. To do so, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Your data won't be erased.

Good luck.