I Need Instagram Help

Closed
laceydana Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 31, 2022 Status Member Last seen November 1, 2022 - Nov 1, 2022 at 08:07 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Nov 1, 2022 at 11:18 AM

Can you help me delete my inactive Instagram account? It keeps sending me a verification code to an old email address. I was told if I file 15-20 reports it will be permanently removed. Thanks

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Nov 1, 2022 at 11:18 AM

Hello laceydana,

Asking for people to report an account will not be useful, as Instagram will not delete it if it doesn't go against their Community Standards. Reporting an account to get it deleted is a false idea that's unfortunately popular. It is necessary to have access to the account if you want to delete it permanently.

As you no longer have access to your email address, I recommend you to try recovering it first. Most email providers have recovery steps that allow you to recover it. If you use Gmail, even if you don't have access to your recovery methods, you can answer to security questions to prove that you're the legitimate owner of the account. Here are the instructions to recover a Gmail account.

Alternatively, you can try these methods to regain access to your Instagram account. The article provided by Instagram is exhaustive and provides all the possible ways of account recovery.

In case you're still stuck, you may find a way to get your account back. Open your Instagram app, select Forgot Password? > enter your username > Next > Can't reset your password? then should be able to send a support request.

Hope this helps.

Good luck