FB/IG unauthorized login but appearing as my device

Solved/Closed
Easoqui Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 27, 2023 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2023 - Feb 27, 2023 at 11:01 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14308 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 22, 2024 - Feb 28, 2023 at 03:58 PM

Hi everyone, I unfortunately responded to a request from a friend on Instagram asking me to copy a link he sent via text. Asked I not click on the link, rather just copy it and send back to him, which I did.  As soon as I did, I realized I was hacked.  Now I show that my device is being used to log in to Facebook and Instagram from a different state than where I live. I have done all the safety procedures, logged out of all accounts, changed my passwords multiple times, etc., but still when I check to see where I’m logged in, it shows “this/my device” logged-in in a city in Washington …i live in California. It’s impossible to contact Meta about this.  How do I remove this user if it appears as my own device is logging in?? Any help is appreciated. 

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14308 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 22, 2024 1,891
Feb 28, 2023 at 03:58 PM

Hi,

If it shows that you're logged in on your device, but even if the city doesn't match, that shouldn't be problematic. The location indicated isn't always accurate. Just check your phone to make sure that it isn't hacked or doesn't contain a malicious application. 

For better security, I recommend you to enable the 2-factor authentication for your Instagram account. Update your contact info if necessary before enabling it.