Log on/Log Off Loop and Admin Password

Solved/Closed
Janet - Jul 8, 2009 at 09:25 PM
 Andre V - Oct 14, 2010 at 04:52 PM
Hello,

I am in computer nightmare, I have been doing my best to try and find the solutions, every time I solve one problem another occus. I cant afford to take my PC to a professional so I am doing a lot of research and trying to resolve my issues on my own.

My current issue is the log on log off loop, doesnt matter if in safe mode, owner, admin, It logs on and off in a matter of seconds. I have read to reinstall windows so now when I get to R repair, it only gives me C drive option one, which I select and then it ask for an admin password, after 3 unsuccessful attempts to the password it reboots the coimputer and I start all over.

also, Ive been reading to transfer C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe” to my infected computer. I cant figure out how to do that. I put it on a USB drive but Im real limited on my options here with the loop, if I could get past that Im sure I could get the system to go....HELP?????

All I could offer in exchange for assistance is complimentary hotel stays in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Im not a computer guru but I can follow instructions and have an above average knowledge of computers. If you need to reach me directly, feel free: J.Albright@q.com

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 9, 2009 at 05:52 AM
hi,

try these steps:

>Boot using your winxp cd.
>Enter recovery console.
>at the command prompt go to C:/windows/system32
>next type: copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe
>exit and reboot normally. You should now be able to logon.
>run regedit
find Userinit key in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
>modify the entry:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wsaupdater.exe,
so that it reads:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\userinit.exe,
>then exit and you're done.
Even "copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe " does not solve the problem
it reply back "file does not exit"

Please help with some other solution
Just repair your operating system using your windows CD. Don´t worry about your dada (files, programs...) because, all of them will be intact.

follow this link: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/138-how-to-repair-windows-xp/ and know how to repair you operating system
Hi,
I have done as suggested,expaned and copied. The message said file copied. I exit and then shutdown and restart and logon and it shuts down quickly again. I am at my wits end with this. Someone suggested installing windows in another file, then copying from the new windows the file to the corrupt one and then deleting the newly installed windows. Do you think this is worth a try? Thanks.
i done this but still same problem occur......looping login-logoff
Thanks, your instructions, helped me with the same problem. Only the registry entry did not need to be changed. Andre V.
i forgot my admin and user both.
can I use another method tolog on without password