Monitor gets no signal

Closed
Nat - Jul 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM
NeedAssistance Posts 2 Registration date Saturday July 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 12, 2009 - Jul 12, 2009 at 12:43 PM
Hello,
I am having a problem with my monitor, i recently replaced the HD on my 5yo systemax computer and cleaned with air duster. Once i replaced it ,the computer was operational, i was able to reinstall windows and other software. I took it to another location and set up and thats when i discovered the problem, no post and no monitor signal. Tested the monitor on other computers, worked fine and vs on the tower. Anyhow i purchased a new video card and it still didnt work. I tried the suggestion to unplug everything and hold pwer button for 30 secs and reconnect the pwr,monitor, keybd and mouse. I did get a post signal, however my screen is still blank, no message, no way to get into bios. The pwr light on the monitor is steady as oppose to blinking when it was blank, but blank screen. What do I do?

Please let me know if you need additional info,
Nat

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jul 12, 2009 at 12:00 PM
Dear Sir,

I think that your DDR memory modules are faulty,

I will advise you to remove and place it back

This should fix the problem

Thanks
NeedAssistance Posts 2 Registration date Saturday July 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 12, 2009
Jul 12, 2009 at 12:43 PM
Thanks, but it still didnt work, i get the post beep and the sound of my monitor coming on, light is steady and green, but nothing, still blank