Hp dv9000 screen pixelated and then blank

Closed
jason - Jul 15, 2009 at 08:00 PM
 MirandaEsque - Nov 6, 2012 at 01:17 PM
Hello,

My laptop was working fine until last week. I usually watch movies before going off to bed and the the laptop is switched on all the time. However, when I woke up in the morning, the laptop was fine. I restarted it and all of a sudden, the lcd screen is pixelated and the laptop goes to the blue screen and re-boots itself. I went to safe mode and disabled the graphics card. I lost the resolution but I could still work. Then few days later, the screen goes completely blank when I re-boot the laptop. All the lights come on and the harddisk works but I cannot see anything on the screen. One of my friends suggested that I should change the operating system to Windows 7 and gave me a bootable cd. I insert the cd, but nothing comes on the screen, but this time, I can here the noise of windows vista booting. Have not used my laptop since the last week and its killing me.

Please help me out on this one.
Related:

4 responses

Have you tried hooking an external monitor up to it? This will allow you to see if the operating system and other components are OK.

Might be as simple as replacing the video card in the laptop (I haven't checked, but HP does have some good troubleshooting pages on their web site). If you can use an external monitor that will allow you to at least use your laptop until a fix is available.
jasonjp Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday July 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2009 1
Jul 15, 2009 at 08:30 PM
I do not have access to external monitor. Is there any other way, I can solve this problem? has this got to do with ram or my battery?