One computer wont connect to internet

Closed
mcapps - Jul 20, 2009 at 03:25 AM
 seasugar - Jul 22, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Hello,
I'm far from being a computer wizard but I'm out of places to look for help. I have a dlink router. We have three laptops in our home. All three connected right away. My son visits at times and brings his computer (which is on vista and one year old) and likes to surf the net. My router is brand new. His computer will not connect. I bring up wireless connections and I click on ours. The page that needs our security key comes up just fine. When I put our security key in his computer it looks as if its trying for a few seconds but will not connect. When I hit diagnose problem it tells me its getting low signal. Can anyone offer a suggestion to fix this? If you have an idea I would appreciate you giving me instructions on how to check/fix the problem.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 20, 2009 at 04:21 AM
Hi,

The only way to solve a low signal problem is to reduce the distance between your computer and your wifi.

I should increase your signal and boost up your internet connection.
Thanks for the info but I have sat right beside the router and it still doesn't connect. Its weird since we have a total of six computers in our home that have connected with no problem. We don't ever have all six running at the same time of course since two of us own two computers a piece. The problem computer is the second one I tried to connect to the network since I had heard that sometimes theres a limit on how many computers you can put on a network. I'm not sure if thats true or not. Our router is a d-link gigabite mega boost and it actually works great with the rest. Its a very frustrating problem.