No signal output Help

Closed
RPA65 - Jul 22, 2009 at 06:02 PM
 bob - Jul 31, 2010 at 08:38 PM
Hello,

I had my PS3 hooked up to my HDLCD Westinghouse television and it was working just fine. That is until my wife disconnected it for a trip to her sister's. We arrived and she had not brought any cables to hook it up with. The TV we were attemting to hook it to had no HDMI input but did have several component hook ups. We bought a new cable and tried to hook it up with no success. We returned the cable to the local store and hooked it back up to the HDMI on my home set and all was well until I down loaded an update contained on a blue ray DVD. This happens quite offten so I didn't think there might be a problem and down loaded the update from " A Haunting in Connecticut" and watched the movie. Now I can't get any out put from the PS3 to the tv. I tried holding the power button til the second beep with no results. What can I try next?

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 23, 2009 at 02:06 AM
hi,

get the PS 3 verified by a qualified technician.

contact the shop from where you bought the PS 3, or contact your local Sony dealer.

they will help you.

thank you.
Well good news, I got on the Sony web site and whent to the trouble shooting section. After looking through a few of the problems and solutions I found one that sort of matched my problem. The solution I tried was to completely turn off my PS3 including the mainswitch on the back of the unit. Unpluged the PS3 and then the HDMI cable. Then I unpluged my tv and waited a few minutes. After hooking the HDMI cable back up and turning everything on the system was once again functioning normally. If you encounter simular problems hopefully this will help.
thanks this worked!