Linksys

Closed
jennie - Jul 7, 2008 at 12:04 AM
 jennie - Jul 7, 2008 at 02:38 PM
Hello,
Same story as the rest I have a linksys wireless router It shows that I have a wireless connection but I cannot surf with out plugging in my cable, I've read and tried everything and it still wont connect please help cuz if not Im gonna throw it out my window thanx much! xx

1 response

softwins Posts 11 Registration date Tuesday March 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 5
Jul 7, 2008 at 05:16 AM
Hi

To solve your problem you need to setup your Wifi configuration as per your actual router

Their is a code protection that must have been provider together with your Router this is a security so that anyone / neighbours and other people don't not use your internet connection.

Go to my Computer - vIEW network connections click on wirenetwork and then select the one of your router if it is protected it will require a mot pass indenfication

After setting up click on connect

You should be able to get internet access
I tried to follow ur instuctions but the wireless network connection says its " Connected, firewalled" its just unable to pull up a working browser page it comes up as Page cannot be displayed, also I tried to uninstall and reinstall the router using the cd provided by linksys, however it also see's it as already connected to the router. It does work when I cable it I just don't understand why it won't allow me to surf when its just using the wireless, do you think it could be a security issue? Its never asked for a password or indenfication however others have tried using the router for other wireless compatable devices and were unable to get online because it refused the password set by the Linksys setup manager. I've tried disableing all of my security systems thinking it was the problem, but its beyond me how to fix it, its been nothing but a headache! Also Its running XP Thank you for your response, and if you can give more advice its very much apprciated! Thanx xx