Linksys router problems

Closed
everett p - Jul 5, 2008 at 08:26 AM
 kaiya1973 - Oct 23, 2008 at 12:15 PM
Hello, i recently bought a linksys wireless router. I connected everything the way the installation cd states, but when it tries to find my internet connection, it states that it is not connected. I am not sure if its because i have a firewall or if there is something else wrong?? I am not a real big computer person and i am totally confused on what my next step should be? please help me???????

4 responses

mano.mn2 Posts 12 Registration date Monday March 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2009
Jul 5, 2008 at 10:30 AM
Hello ,

Please find below some tips that can help you.

1 :Check you line
2:configuration of router with your line - with the driver they provided it will automatically set up your line but you have to put your password and user name provided by your ISP
3:Open your internet Explorer and -Tools Internet Options -Connections lan Settings select Automatically detect settings

Then re-open your brower you should be connected

Nice surf :)
it states that both my computers in my network have to be on the same channel will this automatically set a channel for both or do i have to do it manually
Frustration98
Jul 5, 2008 at 06:11 PM
Hi, I'm also having trouble accessing the internet with my Linksys router...I'm using WinXP. My router installed fine and detects my laptop and PS3, but no Internet. If I connect directly to my modem everything is fine.

Also upon installing the router, it was unable to detect my Internet connection, so I proceeded installation without it. I have tried unplugging modem and router then replugging and other possible solutions, but to no avail???

Help!!
Just a quick reply I recently had installed the Linksys and all of the sudden I could no longer get internet at all anyway it ended up that my network card had become disabled in my BIOS. After enabling the network card it all worked fine. Just a thought:)
Hi,
How do I enter the BIOS for Windows XP?