Wont pass windows xp screen

Closed
Squishy Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 11, 2009 - Aug 11, 2009 at 11:57 AM
ServiceTech Posts 12 Registration date Tuesday August 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2009 - Aug 12, 2009 at 01:51 PM
Hey guys im having some problems with my laptop at the moment, it seemed to be fine the other day, i dont know if anyone has been messing with the settings on it but i turned it on today and the screen has gone all weird, it seems to look like its been moved to the right, the windows xp logos have changes colours but in patches and i cant read anything on the f8 screen as every word is missing a few letters and the black screen behind the writing will flash green with stripes on it if any button is pressed and also it will not pass the windows xp screen on startup after that its just black, it dosent turn off it just stays black. :S does anyone have any suggestions ? thanks
Related:

1 response

ServiceTech Posts 12 Registration date Tuesday August 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2009 2
Aug 12, 2009 at 01:51 PM
wooow, that can be cause by more than one reasons, Either your graphic card is bad which means your main board will need changing if its a laptop or... the cable that connects the screen to the motherboard has gone bad.
Try moving the screen and see if it changes color or goes blank.