1. Place the computer and printer next to each other and make sure that all the wires are connected to both the printer and the computer.
2. Turn the computer on and wait for it to boot up.
3. Plug the printer into the wall and then take the USB cord that is attached to the printer and plug it into the appropriate port on the computer.
4. Turn the printer on.
5. Click on "Start menu" and go to the "Control panel".
6. Find "Printers and hardware" box and click on it.
7. Take mouse and click "Add printer".
8. When you see "Welcome to the add printer wizard," hit "Next."
9. Click "Automatically detect and install plug and play printer" on the add printer wizard page. Click "Next."
10. Installing the printer will begin if the network can automatically detect it. Otherwise, the message unable to detect will pop up and you will be prompted to install the printer manually. Click "Next."
11. Select printer port. Use the recommended port for best set up options. Click "Next."
12. Pick manufacturer and printer. Click "Next."
13. Type a name or confirm name if it appears in the box and set printer as default printer if wish. Click "Next."
14. Print a test page to be sure printer is set up and online. Click "Next."
15. Receive a successful completion of installation of printer message. Click "Finish."