Puppy chewed through my harddrive USB cable

Closed
LouiseWalshe - Aug 27, 2009 at 10:41 AM
CyborgCop Posts 48 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2009 - Aug 28, 2009 at 02:35 AM
Hello,
I have a 500GB Seagate External Hard Drive. I got a new puppy recently and she has chewed through the USB cable for the hard drive, does anyone know what type of USB cable it is. I can probably find a replacement handy enough online except for that I don't know what type I'm looking for. The end of the cable that connects to the hard drive is really small shape, kind of looks like a digital camera usb cable. Or is there any way to get the info off the hard drive - could I put it into my desktop computer? I have really important information on the hard drive so I don't want to do anything to damage it. Any help very much appreciated!
Related:

1 response

CyborgCop Posts 48 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2009 12
Aug 28, 2009 at 02:35 AM
an external hard drive is just a hard drive that's been enclosed into a seperate case with a seperate power supply and connection.. So yes you could just go try to replace the cable.. Assuming it's not anything propritary.. or 2 you can just rip open the case and get the hard drive out of it and hook it inside your computer..