My ipod is causing my computer to crash

Closed
dolphinlover Posts 5 Registration date Thursday August 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2009 - Aug 28, 2009 at 03:10 PM
 Kate - May 1, 2010 at 06:59 PM
Hello, I've got a forth gen. ipod, that's two and a half years old. I've had problems with it in the past but now
I'm at a dead end. My ipod is causing my computer to crash, I plug it into the computer and it brings up
a box saying that it wants to scan my ipod and asks me if i want to have it scanned and fixed or if I want to
continue with out scanning. And no matter what I choose my computer crashes. From the start of the process to
the computer crashing, it's under four min. . Does any one have any ideas? I would greatly apersheate any sugestions.
Dolphinlover

P.S. My ipod is a nano fourth gen. , if that helps.

6 responses

dolphinlover Posts 5 Registration date Thursday August 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2009 1
Sep 1, 2009 at 03:16 PM
CJ, I have tryed to find the update ( I manged to find the control panel) but my computer didn't get that one.
So If you have any other ideas or know some one who does please let me know.
Dolphinlover
Last week my ipod stated doing the same thing. Have you tried re-installing Itunes or doing a hard reset on your ipod? Before I try these things I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck.
dolphinlover Posts 5 Registration date Thursday August 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2009 1
Aug 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM
CJ, I have not tryed those sugestions. Mostly because i have no idea how to acomplish those tasks.
Could you explain what a hard reset is and how to do it? That sounds like it might work.
Thanks Dolphinlover
CJ > dolphinlover Posts 5 Registration date Thursday August 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2009
Aug 31, 2009 at 08:13 PM
I have re-installed itunes done a ipod restore, nothing works. The ipod syncs fine but as soon as it is done it crashes the computer. I am leaing on vista being the prob, b/c it works fine on XP. What OS are you using?
CJ > dolphinlover Posts 5 Registration date Thursday August 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2009
Aug 31, 2009 at 08:14 PM
Just saw that you are using vista too, I'll let you know if I figure it out.
Aug 31, 2009 at 08:43 PM
Ok I found something that worked. Go to start-control panel-programs and features-view installed updates. Locate update #KB973879 and uninstall it. This worked great for me. Good luck.
Aug 31, 2009 at 09:10 PM
CJ, or to whom ever reads this next, I'm not very with it on the computer files. So if you could break things down
into siplfied, overly explained, steps it would be very helpful.
And just to clarify, my ipod doesn't even let me get a min. past the do you want your ipod scanded thing.
And that comes up before the ituns. I cannot sync, recharge, ect... with my ipod.
CJ, I'm glad you found a soultion.
Dolphinlover
Uninstall the update without the Ipod plugged in. Restart then plug the Ipod in, does the same thing happen?
Sep 1, 2009 at 02:01 PM
CJ, I can't find the installed updates in the control panel. Where did you find it?
I know I'm being a royl pain about this. Sorry.
Dolphinlover

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
You might have a trojan. If u do, thn u have to restore your computer to when u first got it. You will lose all of ur memory on your computer tho.
I'm having that same problem with mine!