I have had the same problem as many posting here (no audio ever since reinstalling my OS) so I gave the Driver Detective (link provided in previous post) a try. While the application is handy, frankly I found it a waste of money. I guess it's nice that it tells you which devices have no drivers or those that are out of date, but the downloads they provided for me were not even compatible with my computer or OS, so they were useless. Next, I went to the support site for my computer manufacturer (Dell, in my case), clicked on the "Drivers" link, and it walked me through the process of downloading the needed drivers to restore my audio (it has every major category of drivers broken down for you). It even helps you determine which drivers are specifically compatible to your model of computer. My audio works great now! I only wish I now had my 30 bucks back from Driver Detective.