NET CONNECTION PROBLEM.

Closed
SRAVAN - Sep 2, 2009 at 10:30 AM
 SRAVAN - Sep 3, 2009 at 05:47 AM
Hello,
I have a bsnl broadband unlimited connection with single port modem (UT300R2U) . Now am connected 2

systems threw switch. These 2 systems connected with Internet without problems. When i connected 3rd system

to switch then it shows in lan connection "limited or no connectivity you are unable to access the Internet". Then i

give an alternate IP address then it shows lan connected with 100Mbps but, I can not access the Internet (IE

shows the page can not be displayed).

I requested please give me the solution for my problem.

Thanks

3 responses

sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Sep 2, 2009 at 12:05 PM
Hye, i think all your ip are sent manually, Right?. have you checked if there arent any conflicting Ip address?
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 2, 2009 at 03:45 PM
OK, as sadgurl has indicated there may be an issue with your ip address on the 3rd PC.

go to one of the other computers,
open a dos window
(start/run type cmd, hit enter)
in the dos window, type ipconfig hit enter
look for the ipaddress, subnet mask, and default gateway details. they will be in the form xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

take these details to the 3rd PC. open the tcpip properties for the LAN card.

enter these details into the 'use the following ip address' boxes.
but you need to change the last set of digits in the ip address to a different number than the other two computers .
as an example

default gateway - which is your router/modem 192.168.1.1
computer 1 192.168.1.2
computer 2 192.168.1.3
computer 3 192.168.1.4

so in this case you would change the last digit to 4.

once that is done, then you should be able to connect as normal.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if, after all the settings have been set and checked and you still cannot connect to internet, you are going to need to do a full shutdown of your LAN.

shut down all your computers.
power off your switch/router
power off your modem.

give a count of 30 or so
power up your modem ..... wait ......wait ....for about 30 seconds for the modem to initialize and run self tests etc. once all the lights that should be on are on, turn on your switch/router. .... wait until it has done its self tests etc and all the lights that should be on are on.

go to you first PC, boot it up and test that it can connect to Internet.
go to 2nd PC and do the same.
go to 3rd PC and do the same.

hopefully that should get you connected again.
Thank you..