Hard drive storage

Closed
dino - Jul 18, 2008 at 01:24 PM
 dino - Jul 24, 2008 at 12:33 PM
hi ime new to computers,what is the best size hard drive for a laptop,and for the ram

thanks
Related:

1 response

Dino,

There are a few things to consider. First what Speed Processor do you have in you PC, what version of Windows are you running, what kind of software do you want to use, and what are you going to be doing with the PC.

There are required amounts of RAM for a particular version of Windows, and MORE is always Better.
As for the Hard Disk Drive, the Larger the Better, but that depends on the Version of Windows, also.

You don't mention if you are planning on UPGRADING an existing system, or if you are going to put a system together.

If you have an existing system that is in RUNNING condition, go to the Desktop, RIGHT-CLICK on MY COMPUTER, then LEFT-CLICK PROPERTIES and it will give you your Version of Windows, the Service Packs that are installed, the Processor you have installed in the system, the Speed of the Processor, and the Amount of RAM that is installed in the system.

I hope that helps you, Dino. If you can give more specific details as to what you have and what you want to do, I can give you more specific answers.

Mark
thanks 4 ur reply,ime thinking of replacing my daughters laptop and just wanted 2 know what the best size hard drive to go 4.she uses the laptop a great deal and stores quite a lot,so I thought a large memory would b best.

dino