I cannot get onto the internet

Closed
ZephNeos - Sep 8, 2009 at 07:48 AM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Sep 8, 2009 at 09:17 AM
Hey, I have a serious problem and I have no idea how to deal with it, I was downloading something for my computer that I needed while in the middle of the download I was attacked by multiple trojan and worm viruses, I tried getting rid of them and ended up with Spyware, the spyware was a rouge spyware known as Contraviro, one of the many spyware taht pose as an anti-virus product. I got rid of it using Ad-aware but after I did My screen acted weird for a moment and then I restarted my computer to fully get rid of the spyware. When I turned it back on and tried to get on the internet it would not let me.. I use Mozilla Firefox and when I entered a page it would not show, it would also not allow me to log into Windows Live instant messenger, Yahoo Instant Messenger, or AOL Instant Messenger. My internet itself still works fine known by how I am still connected to Xbox LIVE on my Xbox 360, but I have no idea how to fix what's wrong with my computer, and am already looking up a new computer to buy. My computer now, that is not working is a Windows XP Home Edition... so if anyone can help me, please do!
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 8, 2009 at 09:17 AM
Hello Sir,

It's better to restore your system to solve this problem!

System Restore:

Press F8 when your computer starts, select Safe mode

Click on Start, all programs, accessories, system tools

Open System Restore

Select a date when your computer was running normally then press next

let it finishes and then restart your computer,

Make sure to use a good antivirus and always update your computer

Thanks