Laptop to tv viewing

[Closed]
-
 Eddie -
Hello,
what kind of cable can i use to connect my laptop to my tv to view downloaded films or programs through my tv,i have a hd jvc tv and a hd sony viao laptop but my laptop does not have a hdmi output port on it,would it be possible to do it with a cable thats a usb connection one side for the laptop and hdmi for the tv or would it work

2 replies

Registration date
Thursday September 24, 2009
Status
Last seen
November 12, 2009
Hey Pacman85,

If you give me the models of your laptop and your television, I can tell you exactly what you can use :)

Regards,

Asten
Registration date
Status
Last seen
November 12, 2009
18 > pacman85
Glad I could be of help! Now I just need to get a desktop and tv to do the same! hahaha

Asten M
hi i have the packard bill easy note tj65 hdmi and tv is LG lcd hdmi
Registration date
Status
Last seen
November 12, 2009
18 > nabil
Hi Nabil,

If both devices have an HDMI port, then my answer is the same to you! It should work, just read what I have previous posted!

Good luck,

Asten M
Hi Asten
You seem to know what your talking about! so could you please help my situation?
I have an LG hd tv that was bought last yr. it has a usb inputon the side where the ac leads inputs are and hdmi on the back with also a rgb input. i could hook up and view downloaded movies with my pc thru the rgb input but cannot do it with my new Acer laptop?
Ive downloaded divx codecs and on connecter server software?? Where do i go from here?
Can i use an vga (pc monitor cable) with the rgb input option on my tv? Cause i have one of those input op
tions on my laptop.
my laptop is an Acer one ZG8
PLEASE HELP!!
kindest regards,
Andrea
Asten,

I connec t RGB cable fron my laptop to analog on my plasma. but when the screen comes on my TV screen it moves or not stable. it use to be working fine. I need help.

Thank you
Registration date
Status
Last seen
November 12, 2009
Hey,

So I took a look and you are good to use an HDMI cable. These cables range in price from generally 20-80$ CAD.
It is said that there is no difference in picture between the cheaper cables and the more expensive ones, unless your cable is longer than 7 or 8 feet, then the extra quality/price makes a difference.

P.S. HDMI cables are fairly sensitive to noise, so do not bend them if you can avoid it!

If you have any other questions let me know,

Asten M