DSL internet connection keeps disconnecting

Closed
raik.48 Posts 9 Registration date Friday September 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2009 - Oct 2, 2009 at 06:13 AM
 cammy boi - Apr 4, 2010 at 12:28 PM
hi

I have a DSL internet connection. I am on Ubuntu 9.04. i have connected the connection manually. there is no modem or anything. i entered my username and password in "dsl" tab of "network connections", and in the "IPv4 settings" i chose "Automatic PPPOE address only" and filled the ip address of isp in DNS servers. It works fine most of the time. but in a day sometimes it disconnects more than 10 times and i get irritated by it. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks!
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 2, 2009 at 06:25 AM
Dear Sir,

Please consider deactivating any filter.

This should solve your problem. In the problem persists, you should be experiencing some problems with

the cables. It could be from damaged or inferior quality cable.

Change it and hence you will no more have troubles.

Thank in advance.
raik.48 Posts 9 Registration date Friday September 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2009
Oct 2, 2009 at 06:39 AM
hi
thanks for the reply.

This internet connection works fine totally on window, so i guess there is no problem with the cable. And will you please tell me how to deactivate filter and please i am new to ubuntu and internet connectivity so please explain in easy steps.
i have the same problem if anyone finds a solution then can u email me at cammy_-_boi@hotmail.com