Real Player SP downloading not working

Solved/Closed
frustrated at gdac - Oct 14, 2009 at 01:41 PM
 Mattis2 - Dec 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Hello,
I have installed Real Player SP and have enabled the software to show the download tab when the video comes on the screen (i.e. utube), but when I start the video and that tab should appear nothing appears. If I right click on the video and try to use the download video tab there, it tells my that the file is not valid todownload and to get real player SP which I alredy have? Very frustrating.
Related:

22 responses

Hi

Also had this problem until I found a hint from another user in the Forum.

All you need to do is to enable this function on Realplayer.

Go to the following link at Realplayer and it will tell you exactly what to do!

http://i.realone.com/product/help/rp11/en/R1P.htm
I recently started having problems downloading with realplayer. Researching the issue I found that I did not have the plugin to download on my browser which is odd b/c I obviously used to b/c I was downloading videos. The only way to get the plugin seems to be from installing realplayer so I uninstalled realplayer, and then reinstalled it and now it seems to be working.
I just had a similar kind of problem. I'm using internet explorer and realplayer stopped giving me the option to download even when I had the preferences set to show the download bar. I uninstalled realplayer and reinstalled, but still no ability to download. I checked in my daugher's account and she was able to download as normal on the same computer. I compared our registry values for realplayer and they were the same. I also looked in the registry for any kind of policy that would be blocking me...but, nothing there. I then went to YouTube using Firefox and the download button appeared. This told me that the problem was with my account's Internet Explorer. I looked at the plugins and the realplayer download plugin was disabled. I enabled it, restarted IE and the download bar appeared when I pulled up a youtube clip. So, after several hours of trying to figure this out, it was a simple plugin issue. Paul
other way other than that way is replace youtube with voobys and the videos wil download I use that way alot of times and works great
I have a Chrome browser. Is that why I can't download videos from youtube.com?
can anyone here help me?