9600gt HELP. Is it BROKEN???????

Closed
poopypunky Posts 5 Registration date Thursday July 31, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2008 - Aug 13, 2008 at 05:18 PM
poopypunky Posts 5 Registration date Thursday July 31, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2008 - Aug 14, 2008 at 07:41 AM
Hello, i have just bought an inno3d 9600gt i chill hurricane and i wanted to determine whether it was my graphics card or psu or motherboard which is broken or not goot enough. My psu is a cheap one (£10.00) bought from ebay (and the make is win power and its a 650watt psu, It works fine with everything else on my pc but my pc isnt excactly top of the range. The motherboard is an acer standard one, cant remember the excact make but it is on a acer m1610. I dont think its the motherboard because it has pci e slot so why would it have that if it didnt support it. My pc doesnt even power up when i put the graphics card in and then when i take it out it doesnt turn on until couple of times after i unplugg and plugg power cable back in. So i was just wondering if my graphics card is broken or i need to update something?

hope somebody can help and i will let people know when i find out and ill post whats wrong if anyone else is having the same problem.

2 responses

nicholasyonko
Aug 13, 2008 at 08:53 PM
Some of those cards need an addtional power socket into the MB from the Power Supply - it is usually a 4-plug cable that is unique coming off of the power supply and it plugs into the MB.
poopypunky Posts 5 Registration date Thursday July 31, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2008
Aug 14, 2008 at 07:41 AM
i havent got a clue what your on abbout but ther is a 4 pin cable that i already plugged in a while back that is unique to the psu plugged into the motherboard. i have a cable with one side molex and the other side has 2 4 pin connectors, could that have anything to do with what your saying or is that just for power straight to the cards in sli mode. Can someone tell me what it is most likely to be. I did a cpuid test and i went onto the motherboard and it says that my graphics interface version is agp 3.0 and the max supported transfer rate is 8x but isnt agp a different slot all together and my graphics card wouldnt even be able to fit in if it that was the case? Please can someone help