Hard Drive problems

Closed
Donkey kong91 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2009 - Nov 5, 2009 at 09:09 AM
Donkey kong91 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2009 - Nov 6, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Hello,
I just did a build, I put in a 915PL7AE motherboard in. It has four sata ports for hard drives. I got a cheap seagate hard drive, and a Seagate Barracuda 7200.7. Both are ide and not sata. So I bought the ide to sata adapter, and the cheap hard drive works great, holds my OS and music and movies. But I can not get my barracuda hard drive to work. The hard drive works great (100%) on other computers. And I have formatted it many times, but it still does not like my build. I have the jumpers set right, SLAVE. and the ide adapter works. My computer does not even show it on any screen, I have went under bios setting and it does not appear there, and i go under disk management and it is not there. My bios is set to auto detect, for the hard drive. I Tryed to do a bios update but it asks for a box file. And i have no idea what it is talking about. I have Pluged it into different sata ports and it still does not show up. The hard drive came with no softwear and i dont know if it needs any. Seagate support help says they do not help people with that kind of problem. It works on any computer but my build. Please help.
Related:

1 response

Donkey kong91 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2009
Nov 6, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Opps its a bin file not box!!