Power Save Mode on newish PC

Closed
Conky - Nov 11, 2009 at 07:57 AM
 Conky - Nov 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Hello,

I live in a household with a Mac (mine) and a PC (my husband's). He has had no end of problems over the years, including this really annoying 'power-save problem' at the minute on his newish Dell PC, but also including VISTA (he got used to it in the end, but...), and now another problem in trying to upgrade his (brand-new) PC laptop to Windows 7.

Sorry, guys, but I have none of this with my Mac. Ever think of switching?

Thanks,

Conky
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Nov 11, 2009 at 08:28 AM
hi there,

please give more information

Thanks
Thanks.

It is a Dell Inspiron desktop with VISTA and has been working perfectly.

When I turn it on, it appears to be booting up but never completes and the black screen carries a tiny message saying 'power save mode' and then goes black. Nothing I do makes it change -- wiggle the mouse, make sure all the plugs are in properly, turn off and unplug, then try again, push control/alt escape etc. etc.

Please can you advise how to get out of this?

Many thanks,

Conky
Thanks.

It is a Dell Inspiron desktop with VISTA and has been working perfectly.

When I turn it on, it appears to be booting up but never completes and the black screen carries a tiny message saying 'power save mode' and then goes black. Nothing I do makes it change -- wiggle the mouse, make sure all the plugs are in properly, turn off and unplug, then try again, push control/alt escape etc. etc.

Please can you advise how to get out of this?

Many thanks,

Conky