Fake Ipod driving us insane!

Closed
Chaotic.Beauty128 - Dec 3, 2009 at 07:11 PM
 Chaotic.Beauty - Dec 5, 2009 at 09:35 PM
Hey all! My bf just came over from New Zealand and with him a small VPod (fake Ipod). He never had a disk, as his friend couldn't get it to work so pawned it off to him. We both have spent more time than we would like to admit trying to figure out where to download the software for it. Once we plug in the USB cord, our computers will try and search for the software, only to tell us to go to the manufacturers website... only thing is, we can't track it down. Only information on the little bugger is "VPod (Vision Product Design) 8GB". With my short circuting brain, I had been reading it as ViPod (between the V and the P is a little design which I swear looks like an "i").

If anyone can offer and advice, help, or software information, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Dec 4, 2009 at 12:10 PM
hi there,

have you tried to use itunes with it?

please give more information

Thanks
Chaotic.Beauty
Dec 5, 2009 at 09:35 PM
We have tried using it with itunes. As well as several other programs. Unfortunetly, it is not even charging when we plug in the usb. It has it's moments where it likes to charge, and the only time it 'attempts' to charge is when the computer is searching for the hardware on our computer. We have not been able to have the device on long enough to get into the system folder to even check for the information on it. All we have on the device is "VPod" and "Vision Product Design", "8 gb" and we have tried using it with all of our music programs (itunes included) on our computers... again, none of our computers (HP Laptop-windows vista, emachines Desktop-windows xp, and Acer desktop- vista as well) will recongnise the device and directs us to the manufaturer. Sadly, we still can not find any "Vision Product Design" or VPod manufacturer online. Only place we find anything remotely similar is on Amazon for a VPod 2gb for sale. -.-

Again, any and all advice is welcome and much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!