No sound comes out when i plug in my earphone

Closed
mjhoney - Dec 4, 2009 at 05:17 PM
 mjhoney - Dec 5, 2009 at 07:09 AM
Hello,
i have a laptop and my os is vista. Its 1 year old now and i didnt have a problem using it not until now. When I open my laptop yesterday and started watching videos, (i always use earphone when im using my laptop) there's no sound coming out from my earphone, but when i remove the earphone i can hear the sound. I check the sound in the control panel and it says the device is working properly and that the driver is up to date. At first few attempts to plug and unplug the earphone a notification would pop out saying i plug / unplug an audio device. After awhile the notification would not pop out when I try to plug the earphone, and the realtek icon disappear from the right lower side of the computer. I also tried different earphone thinking it could be the earphone, it maybe broken or something, but even if i tried 3 different earphones there still no sound. Please help me. I dont know whats wrong with my laptop and its freakin me out. Thanks.

1 response

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Dec 5, 2009 at 05:34 AM
hi there,

open run.

type msconfig>

on general tab select normal startup

apply press ok and restart

Thanks
thanks dancehall for the reply. but when i open run and type msconfig> a box pop out saying windows cannot find ms config>. what will I do now.. thanks
hello i did it i found run and did your instruction but stil it wont work theres still no sound coming out of the earphone.