Blue Screen of Death

Closed
GeekEnvy - Sep 3, 2008 at 08:56 PM
 anbu - Nov 18, 2008 at 01:43 AM
Hello,

I use XP and it has completely crashed this time and I can not restart in safe mode or any mode for that matter. The Geek Squad says my hard drive will not even turn, so it looks like I probably should just get a new laptop since this one afterall is 5 years old.... Is there a way for me to get all my information off my harddrive myself, the geek squad said it had to be sent in to a place where everything is done in a dark room but I did not know if that was the case or not. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

GE
Related:

1 response

yashtozor Posts 13 Registration date Thursday August 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 3
Sep 4, 2008 at 07:29 AM
yes you can get all the information you need from it here is a link about some professionals who can do it :

www.dataclinic.co.uk

another thing which i would like to know is why do you want to throw it away cant you make a clean format of it?
yashtozor, i face the same problem with my desktop, using my winxp cd i am not able to format my c: drive because my HDD is not detected. and im not getting cmd prompt also.
Is there any ways that i can get the cmd promt or how i can format the c drive.
Note: using winxp installation after agreement page it moves to the blue screen, it is not taking not next page.
please reply.