Toshiba satellite a215 just completely shut d

Closed
Dai - Jan 2, 2010 at 09:36 PM
 Yuki - Jun 23, 2010 at 08:04 PM
Hello,

I normally leave my laptop plugged into the wall and I've had it for about 2 years now. But it just all of a sudden shut off and I cannot turn it back on. Did it over-heat? Please help me....
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 3, 2010 at 01:50 AM
Dear Dai,

Please check whether the battery is still

working properly first. Confirm whether the

problem is not coming from the battery to

have further help.

Thank you.
It might be caused by overheating; the laptop's ventelation might be clogged with dust or lint. My Toshiba A215-S7437 was having the same problem lately,so I used the hose on my vacume cleaner to suck on the fan port on the bottom of the laptop. It pulled some chunks of lint to the surface; however,I havn't used my computer that much since then, so I don't know if the problem was solved yet. It might help you to do the same, but don't hold the vacume tube to the fan port too long at a time to make sure the fan doesn't overload from super-speeding. Suck bursts of about 5 seconds at a time should be effective;also, after a few suckings on the fan, it might be a good idea to do a few while holding the exhaust port closed with your hand, so it draws air and maybe clog from within the deeper parts of the computer.