Hard Drive not being detected?? Help please!!

Closed
Exstacy - Jan 3, 2010 at 04:09 AM
 Exstacy - Jan 3, 2010 at 04:15 AM
Hello,
To begin the story, last night my pc was working fine as usual. And there were no problems with anything computer related, just like every other day. This morning however, when I started up the computer, I recieved a message saying
"Reboot and select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot media in selected boot device and Press a key."
Well, I've reformatted before, so I figured the setting in the bios that selects boot priority was set to CD Rom. So I reboot and go into the bios and check the priority - Hard Drive as first and CD rom as second. After rebooting I notice that theres a message when the computer loads that says "Hard Disk not Detected" or something along those lines, before it displays the P5Q-Pro screen(I assume thats the motherboard).
After having a look around the net and trying a number of solutions, some people were asked to check if their hard drive was detected in the bios, and on the first page in the bios screen, I noticed it showed:
Sata 1: Not Detected
Sata 2: (My CD/DVD drive)

and the rest not detected.
So I assume that means my Hard Drive is not being detected. Does this mean that it is dead?
There are two things that I think may have affected something to do with the computer, that I did last night. Those were formatting one partition of my drive, (the computer still worked after that), and the other thing I did that was different to usual was run CCleaner to wipe free disk space (one of the features), but I still used the computer after doing that for a number of hours.

Thats all I can think of now, so I'll post the specs of my computer that I can get from my Xfire page:
Manufacturer: Custom Build
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
Hard Drive: 500 GB Total
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card: Logitech Z4
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech G35 Headset
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: Logitech G9x
Mouse Surface: Fire Pad
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090805-0102)
Motherboard: (im guessing this is the P5Q-Pro)
Computer Case:
Related:

1 response

I also forgot to add that when I put in my vista installer disk, it said no hard drive could be detected as well.