Reinstalled WindowsXP And Now I Have No Sound

Closed
Jazzii - Jan 5, 2010 at 08:35 PM
 Jazzii - Jan 5, 2010 at 09:39 PM
Hello,

I Recently Re-Installed Windows XP On My Dell Optiplex Gx-280 ... and I Have No Sound Anymore .. Under Audio It says There are no Audio Devices Installed Also I Have a Brand New Samsung 23" SyncMaster 2333 Monitor And I Cant Install Any Of The Programs That Come With It Or The drivers ... It Says Its Not Supported By My System But It Worked Fine Yesterday Before I Re Installed Windows ... Does Anyone Know What Is Wrong ?

I Re Installed Windows Because I Had a Really Bad Virus And There Was Really No Other Way I Could Get Rid Of It ... Could The Virus Have Killed My Sound Card ? I Have No Idea What Kind Of Sound Card Is In it Because It Was My friends Computer Before And She Dosnt Know Anything About Computers ... Or At Least Not Enough To Tell Me Things Like That ! Can Someone Please HELP!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 5, 2010 at 08:50 PM
You need to go to the Dell web site - support tab - and download (and install) the hardware drivers for your model. That should fix your problem.

Good Luck
Thanks Im Going to Try That Il Let You Know If It Works !