Gateway Laptop Tablet WON'T Turn On

Closed
JJ - Jan 8, 2010 at 12:44 PM
 mitch - Feb 2, 2010 at 09:39 AM
Hello,

I have a 2006 Tablet Pc, it is a Gateway Laptop. I had it in for service 3 times prior for this same issue! The computer suddenly shuts off for no reason. Then there are NO lights. It won't turn back on even with the removal of the power supply, battery, hold button for 30 seconds, replace power supply techniques...I tried them in all variations.

Before I spend a bunch of money on it, does anyone know what would cause this repeated shutdown with no ability to power it back up? I have exhausted my inquiries with Gateway, no one will tell me what the problem is with it and they even called me a liar when I told them that it had been serviced 3 times prior for the same issue, I had to get my records out with the actual service order requests, and was then told to pay $200.00 to have them look at it.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 8, 2010 at 01:09 PM
It's probably time to cut your losses and replace the laptop. You can buy and external USB hard drive adapter and insert the hard drive from the broken laptop.

Good Luck
We have the same issue - spent $85 with Geek squad with no resolution. We removed hard drive and installed as a peripheral to a newly purchased device (HP). We now use this gateway as a "alternate"; email only with no data on the hard drive. will replace soon with a HP or Dell.