Not recognizing usb drives and disks

Closed
possesed_again - Jan 15, 2010 at 02:39 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 16, 2010 at 08:59 AM
Hi, I have a gateway desktop running vista home premium, I recently installed a new graphics card. Shortly after when I insert a usb device ie. jump drive, external drive, camera. Nothing happens no noise it just doesn't recognizing them this is not limited to just usb as it is happening with cd/dvd disks as well. I have tried disk management but my system is simply not recognizing the new media. If I insert something new and restart once windows boots it will be there.

Could this be because the new graphics card is using too much power? I have a 300Watt supply but the box stated that it would operate at 300w+
Any help you might have would be most appreciated.

PC:
Gateway DX4200-9
AMD Phenom X4 9100e 1.80GHz Processor
4GB DDR2 Memory
640GB Hard Drive
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
New card XFX ATI Radeon 4350 1gig
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 16, 2010 at 08:59 AM
Hi there,

I agree to some point with you concerning the power consumption,if you were using 300w before and recently added new hardware to it and lets say the power consumption has been increased by 40 w,Then in future it will become a problem for you as when using the new graphic for games the power consumption will raise higher and it will damage other devices and power supply also will be,ill advise you to put a higher capacity power supply.Fell free to revert back for more information.

Thanks