No icons on my PC only desktop background

Solved/Closed
DULLAH - Updated on Apr 10, 2018 at 07:58 AM
 AZ - May 15, 2018 at 09:18 AM
Hello,
When I try to turn on my PC no any icons display only desktop background i've click CTRL+ALT+Delete en then New task then I type explorer then I click ok but no responce up to this moment nothing have change so pls whats the problem
Related:

35 responses

Hey ive got the same problem, I turn it on right click go view - show desktop items (it is ticked) but I untick it then tick it again and they show, it takes about 30 seconds extra anyone know how to make icons appear right away?? Please help! thanks.
this works!!!
yess, I knew it was sth easy but I couldnt remember it.
Thank you very much!!
tHX YOU !!!!!!!
haha oh wow I didn't even know that option existed. saved me a bunch of trouble. thanks.
i would like my icons on the left hand side of my screne
hold ctrl+alt+delete go to task manager make a new task and put in explorer it should fix it instantly :)
ctrl-alt-del, the hour glass appears but nothing happens and hour glass dissapears , what else can I do ?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
tnx I had the same problem

ps. stupid functiun
If its a virus I manged to access my files by CRTL+ALT+DELETE (taskmangaer) then going file-run: C:\. Depending on the speed of your computer it may freeze before loading your items and then its just a matter of asking your anti-virus to do a scan, this way you don't have to do a system restore and loose files or go into safe-mode.
Hope this helped xD
1st things you restor your computer in back date and check how's application is occouring problems
2nd things you remove this application and trunon normaly you computer
when this application is remove your problem's has been solved
no icon in my desktop
Right-click the desktop, Arrange Icons By, Show Desktop Icons
Thanks for Google :)
Hi...I got the same problem as you. Have you found a solution?
HUYD's suggestion worked. Thanks!
good answer problem solve! Thanks!
type ctrl or del ,go new task and write regedit
hey local machine after microsoft, windows nt and
current version imges sometings go this delete
explorer.exe
thanx my problem solved
when I try run explorer.exe it blinks in the icons every three secs for three secs
thanks buddy...
good , my problem is solved..

thankyou very much
myleseyboy1988
Nov 20, 2009 at 02:34 PM
hold alt ctrl and del at the same time then task manager shoudl come up click file then new task type explorer.exe done :D
Right click on your Desktop, click on View at the top. Then check box along side "Show Desktop Icons"
Thank you so much!! This solved my problem. :)
omg.. right click -> show desktop icons.

lol@those that repaired/restored.

Worse case, reprofile!
I am having the same problem, however, my situation is differnet. My company has theses "Kiosks", which are basic pc's set to auto logon for non-users to access online company resources. during the auto login phase the desktop disappears. Right clicking the desktop has no affect, explorer.exe is entered in the shell. I can however, ctrl alt del and log on as admin and everything loads fine, I can also log back into the basic kiosk acct. desktop loads fine. So boviously there is an issue with the auto login, but what is the question.
I've lost all my icons on my desktop. How do I retreive them in proper order?