I'm stuck in an endless reboot loop

Closed
Jarv - Jan 29, 2010 at 09:47 AM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 3, 2010 at 07:13 PM
Hello,

I'm technically illiterate, but have somehow managed to kill my PC.

I connected it to the internet for the first time about 2 days ago. It's about 3 years old-ish and hardly used. I woke up this morning to find it on the select mode screen of the booting up process. I picked "Last successful configuration" to reboot in, and it just reset and returned me to the select mode screen. I've been reading a lot of these threads, but they all talk about "Blue Screen of Death" and I've not seen any colour other than the normal black screen. It doesn't even make it as far as windows booting.

I have tried "Safe Mode" and I've also tried "Safe mode with command prompt" but they have exactly the same reaction.

I'm a bit frustrated, because I know nothing about BIOS or any other technical fix for it, I've asked around and people have said to me that I need to reset your computer to a later save date. I haven't the foggiest how to do this.

I did inherit the computer, although it was barely used before that and as a result I don't have the XP disc.

Any help?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 3, 2010 at 07:13 PM
when booting press F8 to go to the advanced boot option and select "do not restart on system failure" or something along those lines.
you will see your BSOD.

there should be an error code eg 0x000000fe