Hard drive fried???

Closed
Barwitch - Jan 30, 2010 at 06:48 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 30, 2010 at 09:05 PM
Hello,
I just bought a new Dell laptop. it's 2 weeks old. My dogs got into a bad fight so I jump up and put the laptop on the floor only I was 2 inches from the floor when I let go of it. After I finished with the dogs I came and sat back down , picked up the laptop and re-started it. I got the DELL screen then it asked for the installation disc. The laptop could not find the boot drive. My question is ...Is the hard drive fried? Or do I just need to put the installation disc in again. I did call Dell and gave them the error code and because I bought my laptop through a finance place I had to return the laptop to them and have them call DELL. Dell won't help my out until the laptop is paid off and changed in my name!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jan 30, 2010 at 09:05 PM
There is a Dell diagnostic program you can run I think it's started with F12 right after you turn on the computer. Try to run it and tell us the results.

Good Luck