Whatsapp web "chat to myself" not working

Solved
PeterDays - Feb 18, 2022 at 07:33 PM
 Umo - May 22, 2022 at 12:02 PM
Hello,

After upgrading to the new Whatsapp Web version (where the phone does not need to be online), the "chat to myself" feature is not working correctly.
On the phone (Android), when I write a message on that chat, it does not show in Whatsapp Web (chrome) or in Whatsapp for Windows.
If I write a message in Whatsapp Web or Whatsapp for Windows, then it seems to be ok, as I can see it on the phone.
Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Thanks!
Related:

8 replies

Hi,

I've found a workaround that works for me:
1) create a new group with just you and someone else from your contacts list
2) remove that person from the group
3) in the end you'll have a group with just one member (you)
This way you can send messages or photos or whatever you want to yourself.

Note: When you create a group you just have to add someone else in your contact list. You become automatically part of that group.
It worked!!!! That’s magical. Thank you so so so much.
PeterDays > Yi
Mar 28, 2022 at 12:29 PM
You're welcome! :)
Started facing the same issue after update and glad the workaround from "PeterDays" worked fine! Thanks!
why i just didnt think about this !!!!!
thanks a lot buddy
Thanks a lot, the workaround works!
I was facing same issue but got fixed when i logged out from whatsapp web on my laptop and then reconnected device it worked for me. I hope this helps someone.
yes it then shows all the messages you couldn't see before, but when you send new message they still don't show up on whatsapp web. So you have to keep logging out and logging in this way.
this is it, any self messages from the phone do not get shown on the computer, but the opposite way works, very annoying and hope they fix this soon.
stillnotworking
Mar 23, 2022 at 06:10 AM
I am having this issue on an older mac (el capitan - wont update mac or they will assassinate my still amazing battery life) has there been a fix yet?
This was extremely useful to seamlessly transfer files from phone to desktop and vice-versa. I also hope it gets fixed.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Same here!! I Used it frequently and this is a very annoying change. Thanks for flagging it up.
Same problem, very annoying
nothingaboutwork
May 15, 2022 at 04:44 AM
Im also having this problem syncing the 'chat to myself'! what's wrong
I experience the same but many people don't really understand my problems. It is only here in the whole internet I see your post to be the same as mine.
Please have you found solution to the problem...mine persists!
There's a suggested workaround above, please check if it solves your problem too.

1) create a new group with just you and someone else from your contacts list
2) remove that person from the group
3) in the end you'll have a group with just one member (you)
This way you can send messages or photos or whatever you want to yourself.

Note: When you create a group you just have to add someone else in your contact list. You become automatically part of that group.