Monitor says No signal

Closed
ADan Jul - Feb 20, 2010 at 02:51 PM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 21, 2010 at 06:40 AM
Hello,

I decided to upgrade the computer I built years ago and got a new motherboard, CPU, ram, and graphics card. When I got them my husband and I hooked everything up and got no signal from the monitor. We went and got the power supply tested as it wasn't turn on either. It came back fine and we re hooked things up. Everything ran fine, but the monitor still had no signal. We figured the CPU fried or something sent it back to the place we got it and received another new motherboard and CPU.

We still have the same problem meaning that it wasn't the CPU or motherboard. The fans all work, there are no beeps when the computer is started but the monitor still says no signal. The hdd runs as well. right now we just have the motherboard adn CPU and ram hooked up to the monitor and still nothing. We have tried it with and without the ram and with and without the HDD. We even hooked it up to our tv and still no signal meaning it is not the monitor. we have reset the Cmos a few times as well. everything is compatible with everything else as well.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 21, 2010 at 06:40 AM
Hi there,

Get the monitor tested on other cpu or hook it to a laptop as you mentioned new motherboard and hat also twice its strange.

Thanks