Do you want to use Signal on your PC? The Signal instant messaging app is known as a great alternative to WhatsApp and Telegram, and stands out for its focus on taking care of users' privacy. In this article, we explain how you can use Signal on a computer.
This application does not collect your data or access the content of your chats and offers end-to-end encryption across the entire platform. Like WhatsApp, Signal can be used on your computer, whether it's Windows, Mac or Linux, thanks to its desktop application. The advantage is that Signal allows you to make audio and video calls on your computer! To do so, you only need to link the mobile app to your PC beforehand.
How to use Signal on your computer?
To start using the desktop version of Signal, be sure to install and configure Signal on your Android or iOS first.
2. Then, download and install Signal on your computer.
3. Once the installation is complete, open the application and a window with a QR code will appear.
4. Open the Signal app on your smartphone and click on the circular icon with your initials or your photo in the upper left corner of the screen.
5. Next, you'll see the Settings options. There, select Linked Devices.
6. In Android, click on the + button at the bottom right of the screen. On iOS, touch the Link New Device option, Scan QR Code.
Note: Give the app permission to access your camera to scan the QR code.
7. When your mobile camera is activated, focus on the QR code that appears on your computer screen. Tap Link Device on Android or Link New Device in iOS. The connection will then be established.
8. In the Signal app on your computer, choose a name for your linked PC and click the blue button to finish.
9. After a few seconds, the app window will start loading your contacts. Click on any of them to send a message.
10. In the same way as in the mobile app, you can make calls and video calls directly from the Signal application on your computer, using its microphone and webcam. To do this, just click on the corresponding icon in the upper right-hand side of the chat window.
11. Give Signal the necessary permissions to use your computer's microphone and webcam. To do this, click Allow access.
12. Then click Start call.
- No signal on my desktop [solved] > Forum - CPU/Desktop
- How to use Signal app: review, security, desktop > Guide
- Monitor no signal: detected, problem after CPU starts > Guide
- No signal input [solved] > Forum - CPU/Desktop
- Lenovo monitor won't turn on [solved] > Forum - Monitor
- How to check if a contact is online on Viber?
- Active sessions on Skype: check, close remotely
- Use the Enter key to send messages on WeChat
- How to hide your phone number on WeChat?
- How to turn off speaker mode on WeChat?
- How to disable video call on Viber: iPhone, Android
- Time on Skype is wrong: change the time zone
- Backup WeChat messages: to PC, Mac, iPhone, Android
- How to turn off WeChat notification sound?
- You've been blocked on Skype: how to know, last seen
- How to play games on Skype: with friends
- Enable WeChat landscape display, floating windows
- How to adjust the font on WeChat?
- How to clear the Viber app history?
- Avatarify: deepfake, app, download
- Enable Do Not Disturb Mode on WeChat: on iPhone, Android
- How to clear and recover your chat history on WeChat
- View Skype snapshots folder: on Windows 10, Mac
- How to turn off Viber location services: Android, iOS
- Funny Zoom backgrounds
- Change Zoom background: on desktop, iPhone, Android
- How to go offline on Viber
- Set your favorite music as ringtone in Viber
- Public moments in WeChat: see, enable and disable
- How to change WeChat wallpaper?
- How to delete sent message on Skype
- Viber seen status: off, disabled
- Turn Off Message Preview on Viber
- How to turn off Viber incoming message sounds
- How to disable emojis in Skype
- How to set up a Zoom meeting: online, free, on cell phone
- Skype answers calls automatically: how to stop it?
- Reset your WeChat password: via email, phone number
- Change your Skype display name: PC, cell phone
- Skype notifications: not working, mute, Windows 10
- Hide IP address on Skype: browser, app
- How to add Viber contacts to favorites?
- How to hide Skype contacts: in Android, from others
- How to delete chat logs for individual contacts in Skype?
- How to beat Zoom fatigue: Definition, symptoms
- How to join a Microsoft Teams meeting
- Create a Chatbot: free, online, for website
- Improve security in Zoom: use meeting password, waiting room
- Everything about Discord: create a server, stream, record