Renstall windows xp

Closed
paul - Mar 3, 2010 at 08:17 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 3, 2010 at 08:28 AM
Hello, i have a laptop a Toshiba,satellite l10-333 os xp and i want to re install windows this laptop has no recovery partician so i need a disc the only one i have is a toshibs recovery dvd rom which will not restore the laptop back to factory settings. but i do have a dell xp installation disc will this work if i use my own product key for windows??????
the reason i want to reinstall is because i have about 6 nasty trojans that i cannot shift, they keep coming back after re booting. malwarebytes and combofix cannot shift them can you help????? thank paul
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 3, 2010 at 08:28 AM
Hello,

I am afraid that your disks will not help.

However, we can help you remove the trojans.

Please delete the Malwarebyte application you already have.

Many Trojans are self-protective and will not allow for antimalware to do their job, therefore you must outwit them.

After removing your present copy of Malwarebyte (it may have been corrupted by the trojan)

Redownload Malwarebyte to your desktop and rename it explorer.exe. Please update and run a FULL system scan. That should do the trick.

Now, if you believe that a trojan are still present after Malwarebyte, some processes will need to be terminated. To tell you which ones, I will require from you a Hyjackthis log.

Please download and run Hyjackthis, from the main page request a scan and save a log. Once the scan is complete, the log will open. Please copy the log and paste here.

Here is the link to Hyjackthis:

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Please let me know.