Sony120GB pen drive is not working

Closed
vicky - Oct 3, 2008 at 10:54 PM
hakopowerman Posts 3 Registration date Friday October 19, 2007 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2011 - Dec 29, 2009 at 06:49 AM
Hello,

my new sony 120 GB pen drive is not working on clicking it shows message " please insert a disk into the drive ".
Related:

5 responses

I've also got the same problem. In my case, I've tried a lot of solutions without any real effect. Let me explain my case:
I've tried to format this USB device with the normal method that Windos XP/Vista have, also I've tried with the famous HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, also I've tried a low format level format with the HDD Low Level Format Tool but nothing, I've always got the same problem: The USB Device doesn't has fomat... I've tried with FAT, FAT32, NTFS and NOTHING!!!

I've also tryed with MS-DOS and I got a message that says that the drive it's too large for a FAT or FAT32 format, and with the NTFS I've got a message that says that the format can't be completed!
Also the file system of the memory it's RAW!

So I really don't know what to do and... Well this USB it's not mine, but i's owner has drop it to the garbage XDD and I want to fix it so I'll have this mini HD free XDDDD hahaha
Please help me :(
hey the hp formatting tool does work. I've formatted my sony 120 gb from it.download it from
http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/peripherals/SP27608.exe
You are an Angel really ! It worked !!! Thank you very much my dear
Smaxy > Angel
Mar 16, 2009 at 02:37 AM
That worked for me as well.Thanks a lot and U deserve a pat got this great Job!!!!
Hey dude...I too got the same problem wit the formatting....use windows vista to format to exFAT this will make sure the drive works in vista...:-):-) But does not work in XP...:-(:-(
anish > Angel
Jun 23, 2009 at 11:55 AM
thank u vey much
hakopowerman Posts 3 Registration date Friday October 19, 2007 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2011 1
Dec 29, 2009 at 06:49 AM
One of my flash drives suddenly died today. It all happened when XP suddenly froze for some reason. after rebooting, the device was dead - XPdetected it as a 0mb device (and attempted to format it as such - which didn’t work)

After a little research I was able to revive the drive, and heres the procedure (pretty easy):

1. Download and install the HP Drive Key Boot Utility " http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=MTX-UNITY-I23839&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN"
2. Open the desktop icon and select the correct flash drive under device
3. Select the file system you want to format to (FAT, FAT32, NTFS)
4. Tick Quick Format
5. Click start

Officially this software (HP Drive Key Boot Utility) is meant for HP disks, but unofficially it seems to work fine at formatting most flash media, even digital camera cards.
trypchelp Posts 13 Registration date Monday August 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2009 1
Oct 4, 2008 at 06:50 AM
hello buddy,

are you sure that this pen is of capacity 120gb because actually i have checked for that on sony web site itself and cant find it can you tell where you got that?
hi,
any news on that? did you get it to work?
i have the same problem with my stick.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Guys, I have the same problem with a 64GB pen drive. I used succesfully the HP utility to format it once, but the second time I tried it couldn't format anymore. How comes that, to you? Thanks a lot in advance