REMEMBER, THIS GUIDE WILL DELETE ALL DATA FROM DRIVE C: AND PENDRIVE
( if you can't format your drive C:, install Windows Xp On Your Pen, then move all data needed using Pendrive or Network Area to the other PC )
What do you need?
1. Windows Xp installation disk
2. Access to PC with working CD Cd-ROM DVD drive.
3. This file solution.rar
This guide is for people with basic knowledge of PC hardware and system software
1. Download solution.rar file
2. Unpack solution.rar file on drive C, you should have a folder named C:\Dos
3. Put your pendrive ( at least 1GB) into working PC USB port
4. Go to the folder C:\Dos and run HpUSBformat.exe file
- it should auto detect wyour pendrive disk, if not select form the list ( my pendrive is a drive G: )
- set other options like on the image below and click start.
- now you have a pendrive with bootable dos on it.
5. Copy all other files from C:/Dos to your pendrive. ( you can overwrite existing ones)
- your pendrive should look like that
6. Put your Windows Xp installation disk into Cdrom and copy all files from CD to pendrive.
7. Boot your laptop with pendrive ( if you have problems, just check your BIOS or try to access boot menu )
8. Type sys d: and hit enter
- if you see system transferred - you have luck, FAT32 filesystem on drive C:, you will not lose your data
- go to step 11
- if any problem apears go to step 8
8. REMEMBER, you will loose all data from drive C:/
9. Type format c:/q/s
- accept and if it is formated go to step 11 ( you are lucky, you don't need to make partitions)
- otherwise go to step 10
10. Type fdisk and hit enter
-create new partition ( after restart boot with pendrive in)
-go to step 9 and back here :)
-type pqmagic and set your new partition active ( physical drive 2, Advanced A, ste Active - S, are you sure - Y, Exit - X )
11.Type nc and hit enter, and using Norton Commander, copy all files form pendrive to disk C: ( you can overwrite existing ones)
12. Restart Laptop without pendrive in it ( it should start from harddrive)
13. Type cd i386 and hit enter ( it will enter i386 folder)
14 Type winnt and hit enter
INSTALL WINDOWS :) ( REMEMBER, DURING INSTALLATION - KEEP EXISTING FILE SYSTEM - DO NOT FORMAT, YOU CAN CONVERT IT TO NTFS LATER )