Unable to have internet on 2nd router

Closed
olcayto Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday March 17, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2010 - Mar 17, 2010 at 04:36 PM
 olcayto - Mar 19, 2010 at 02:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I have the internet that comes with antenna.
Cable from antenna goes into the modem, and from modem i got the internet to a switch.

From switch i have 2 cables out. one cable is short and connected to a wireless router (SMC). The other cable is around 35 meters reaching the other room, 2 rooms away. I connect another wireless router or access point at the other end of this long cable, but i cannot have the internet there. 1st router gets the IPs automatically but the 2nd cannot get, and says limited or no connectivity if I try to connect using this router's connection.

I tried to check the conductivity of the cable using my limited devices, not professionally. The cables seemed OK.

I connected another, shorter UTP CAT5e cable to the swithc and connected the 2nd wireless there and it works.

Do you suggest a solution?

Thank you in advance.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 18, 2010 at 04:52 PM
You could connect from router A lan port to router B lan port (not the WAN input port on router B). You would then need turn off dhcp on router B.
i tried this, still can not connect..