How to install audio output device

Solved/Closed
-
 Josh -
Hello,
my computer automatic update install but after it was done the Audio Output Device was left unInstalled. Help how to install the device..
Thank you very much.
Related:

48 replies

no audio output device installed ? easy easy easy:
  • 1 go to control panel
  • 2 go to hardware and sound
  • 3 go to device manager
  • 4 click the ''+'' sign on the left of sound, video and game controllers (make sure u click on the + sign)
  • 5 right-click on conexant high definition audio
  • 6 click on update driver software
  • 7 click on search automatically for updated driver software
  • 8 relax and smile again guys!!
hey I followed ur direction but after I click on DEVICE MANAGER I didn't see sound, video games...wat's going on with my computer? plz tell me
> gengirl
Gengirl sweetheart, SOUND, VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLERS is the 4th one up, starting from the bottom, when you click on device manager. on windows vista that is.
> gengirl
Okay Gengirl It says Sound, video and game controllers. Then click the little plus sign that's right in front of the word sound then click Realtek High Definition Audio then right click and click on the Update Driver Software. Then you click the first box which says Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software then there ya go :D hope I helped and remember its NOT!!! Sound and video games! ITS! Sound, Video and game controllers!!
> Sk8erGirl
mine does not have ITS can you guys help me
> gengirl
Instead of Video Games it'll be under System Devices. Then follow the rest of the instructions.
Go to controll panel then go to the sound tab manage audio devices then where it says no device press the right mouse key and press show disabled devices and the just click on the device you want
i tried right clicking and I slected that but nothing popped up
i had this same problem and did what jojo suggested, jojo is a genius i've messed around for hours and thanks to jojo it now works. The reason I lost it was I was trying to solve a problem I had with the sound starting and stopping when I use iplayer so i,m still left with this problem if anyone can help?? cheers again jojo
Registration date
Wednesday April 22, 2009
Status
Last seen
April 23, 2009

Hey, JoJo.
I tried wut u said but there still is no audio device listed in the drop down menu. plz help
Thanks to Allah (the only GOD), by the way jojo thank u a lot.... I solved it.
> manic
um.. only true God is lord and saviour Jesus Christ. He is the only.... ONLY true God NOT allah

WOW!
After all these times I figured out how to do this O_o....
OK first
Go right click Computer (Vista) My computer(XP)
Click Mange
Click Continue (lol)
Then click on Device Manager (I know I know everyone told you to do this but this has a twist that worked on mine :D)
Right click your computer name (Should be the top one)
then Then THEN ThEn tHeN click Add Legacy hardware
then click next
Choose the Advanced one where you do it manually
then click on sounds,video, and game controllers
Then click next then wait till it loads all the sound cards
Click the sound card you are familiar with (Me Realtek)
then click on that and then the one in there then next
then click next again to install
THEN youre done... But I recommend you restart you computer or laptop to make sure it works
if not then find another sound card that is better :D
Goo luck O_O
I followed your advoce, but Realtek is not an option in the list of drivers, I installed a couple of them just to try them out, but none of them could start. they all had a little yellow triangle with a ! on it. ugh, I hate PCs!
cheeers bud it worked
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCCHHH
Yep this was the solution for me, I know how to update and install drivers , but being unfamilar with windows vista. thx alot.
Thank you i've been trying for hours!!!
GUYS SERIOUSLY this is what you do: you right-click on My Computer, and click manage. [then choose continue]

Then go to Device Manager, which is on the left hand side.

Then right-click on the computer name, and click 'Scan for hardware changes'.

Everything should then be back to normal!
no it did not,it still has the red X next to the speaker icon..
Registration date
Tuesday August 4, 2009
Status
Last seen
August 26, 2009

no you dont carys. mines the same, ive done everything, the trouble is, sounds video and game controllers does not show when the red cross is on the speaker icon in task bar, its something to do with bus apparantly.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! :D
Thanks so much Carys! I have nearly gave up when I got to your advice in the discussion thread and it works!
Everyone just follow these simple steps and you get your audio output device installed back onto your PC!
I read all the msgs and recommendations, I tried all solutions stated above but still the same problem,, on the taskbat there is an X on the mic pic, & the msg no audio output device is installed.
This happened yester. Ok a question: when I do these solutions do I need to restart the laptop??
I just had the no audio output device installed message, to re-activate it just goto control panel,system,device manager, go down to sound, video & game controllers then you should have real-tek audio click on this then goto the driver tab, and disable, then wait a moment and then click enable. It just worked for me anyway!!!
i have two options in the folder u mentioned. one just says something like hi def sound device and I did the dis then en and it didnt work

the other is....

unimodem half duplex sound

i tried it on that one too and it didnt work
if theres anything I got out of it its that I now know that I dont have to open that audio thing to disable and enable all I gotta do is right click
im on vista btw
one more thing if I right click on the speaker that has the x on it

that thing

and then I go to sound

it shows the device and says not plugged in

this may have something to do with it cause the actual proper place to plug it in is totally broken on this computer

but.. like I know u can still get sound goin so

thank you worked great for me
all I did was, control panel, sound, device managment, went down to sound gaming etc, double clicked the tab a box cam up I disabled the drive then enabled it again and it was working fine
i tried that method plus that other one thats like search for hardware by right clicking on the computer

still no worky and it suck
THNX..IT REALLY WORK..ALL THE OTHERS WERE CRAP
thanks joey ! thank you . thank you . thank you sooooo much !
i'm so panic when my computer sound not working . but now its okay !
tq !!! :D
THIS REALLY HELPED! THANKYOU:D!xx
I had that problem and try to find the answer on this forum. But I don';t see good answer.

Here is what I did impatiently, download the driver from the web and install it. it works simply.

cheers

TM
yea mine says Theres A X On The Audio Thing And It Keeps Makeing A BEEP Sound..........
YEAH ME TOO >.< please someone help.
the answer I get for this device (.No drivers are installed for this device) I want this to be repair with no fuss and not bying all kind of repairs books I want computer Hp and windows vista to repair this Am waiting for a answer
Registration date
Tuesday November 17, 2009
Status
Last seen
November 19, 2009

mine says ''The best driver hardware for your computer is already installed''. still no sound! I'm a big music guy and I have no sound :(

any other suggestion?
Go to control panel then go to the sound tab and then manage audio device, there you should right klick on the headset icon and choose "use as standard unit" or something similar. It's written beneath "inactivate. I'm not sure that "use as standard unit" is the right words ( mine are in written in swedish) but something similar.
thanks for your suggestion yaar it really help me
Registration date
Thursday June 25, 2009
Status
Last seen
July 21, 2009

hi to ya;-),
you only have to go to control panel and enable the sound device as it has surely been disable thats all
seriously....if windows installs new updates automatically...you tend to lose your sound system.........ive tried everything that people have wrote...and it doesnt work.

the best thing to do is go to control panel......look for backup & restore system.........let the computer do the rest...it will fix changes that window made while installing new info...follow insturctions...it will shut down and restart......and im telling you it works..........thats the only way I ever get my sound back.........i use laptop windows vista..

try it
i just reinstalled windows xp to my my comp
i have an asus motherboard and the real hd audio manager loaded but the main volume thing didnt I dont even have an icon in the system tray when I go to volume control everthing is grayed out not sure what to do tried readin these forums but so far its no help any suggestions would be nice
In english

Go to controll panel then go to the sound tab and then manage audio device there you should right klick on the headset icon and choose "use as standard unit" or something similar. It's written beneath "inactivate. I'm not sure that "use as standard unit" is the right words but something similar.

In swedish

Gå till kontrollpanelen sedan maskinvara och ljud och under ljud finns en underrubrik kallad hantera ljudenheter,
in där och högerklicka sedan på hörluren och välj "ange som standardenhet".
Om det inte funkar kan ni prova att högerklicka på hörluren eller om hörluren inte finns högerklicka då på det tomma där och välj "visa inaktiverade enheter"
I also have a problem with sound systmes. I accidently deleted the sound deivice. How can I install it? Pls help me.
Registration date
Friday May 7, 2010
Status
Last seen
May 7, 2010

If you "Right Click" on My Comptuer, go to the "Properties" tab, click on hardware tab and then Device manager you will probably see an "Unknown Device" in the list! That is the "missing" audio drivers!
Registration date
Tuesday August 19, 2008
Status
Last seen
February 22, 2009
with the installation cd that came with your sound card havent you installed the driver?
hey I had the very same problem.how do u get it back?mine is just showing a red cross next to my sound icon.please tell me thanks.
mine is also d same problem....showing the message " No audio output device is installed...If u find d dolution..plz..inform me..
> sirisha
pl download audio output device
Hey I have problem with mine Udio Divice output.mine is just showing a red cross next to my sound icon.please tell me thanks.
Kind Regards
> Thom
hi dude...!
my comp. iz jst givin' an "AUDIO DEVICE NOT INSTALLED"msg & it's also showin' a red cross on the vol. icon.
plz tel me wat to do...!
my audio device is lost and there is a red cross on the speaker icon.
please help, my audio device isnt working either

pls pls pls
no audio device or playback device