Internet explorer crashes etc

Closed
Trey - Apr 10, 2010 at 05:59 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 11, 2010 at 05:39 AM
I got this virus on my flashdrive i got from school and it screwed over my computer. Every 30 minutes the internet crashes, it says its unable to open the page then i have to restart comp. Now it got worst its sayin malware alert, security intrustion, security compromised nd all other kind of words youd say in the middle of a war. Its xalled backdoor.rbot.gen. Nowni cant get on the internet at all, but connection is fine. It keeps saying attack. I dont wana pay for vista defender pro cus i gota enter my credit card info and its gne get stolen. Help?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 11, 2010 at 05:39 AM
Hello Trey,

Of course you don't want to pay for something that is not going to work and give credit card information, because those crooks will load it to the limit.

The rogue Trojan Horse is self protective so first you must kill the processes that it is running.

Please download this Rogue Kill which will delete the process, if you must, downlaod from another computer and run it from command prompt.

https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com

1. Double-click on the rkill.com in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Security Tool and other Rogue programs.

Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by Security Tool when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate Security Tool . So, please try running Rkill until malware is no longer running.

Do not reboot your computer or the soul of the dead trojan horse will come back to haunt you.

Because your flashdrive is infected, I shall prescribe to you a very powerfull antidote that is able to kill and send and Trojan Horse to the glue factory. It is of very last resort and should not be abused of, as matter of a fact, once you have used it, I suggest you delete it from your system.

To keep your system safe, you must follow the instructions hereunder to the letter:

1. Download Combofix to your desktop.

http://www.combofix.org/download.php

2.Close all open Windows including this one.

Close or disable all running Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall programs as they may interfere with the proper running of ComboFix. Connect your flashdrive any other devices that may have been infected.

3. Double click on the ComboFix icon.

Windows is issuing this prompt because ComboFix does not have a digital signature. This is perfectly normal and safe and you can click on the Run button to continue.

4. Accept the disclaimer and the recovery

5.You should now press the Yes button to continue. If at any time during the Recovery Console installation you receive a message stating that it failed to install, please allow ComboFix to continue with the scan of your computer.

ComboFix will disconnect your computer from the Internet, so do not be surprised or concerned if you receive any warnings stating that you are no longer on the Internet. When ComboFix has finished it will automatically restore your Internet connection.

While the program is scanning your computer, it will change your clock format, so do not be concerned when you see this happen. When ComboFix is finished it will restore your clock settings to their previous settings.

If you see your Windows desktop disappear, do not worry. This is normal and ComboFix will restore your desktop before it is finished. Eventually you will see a new screen that states the program is almost finished and telling you the programs log file, or report, will be located at C:\ComboFix.txt.

Once you are done, paste the log here and report to me on how your system is behaving.

Good luck

Ambucias